STEP 1: Factory Reset the Phone
- Power on your phone. Make sure the phone is connected to the network by plugging the phone into the LAN or SW port on the back of the phone.
- Press the Menu button. This button looks like a piece of paper with the corner folded over.
- Scroll to Factory Reset (option 14).
- Select OK when prompted.
- Wait for the phone to reset and boot back to the home screen. It will display the incorrect date and time.
NOTE: Reset a 525G model with these 3 steps.
- Press Menu.
- Go to Device Administration.
- Select Factory Reset.
STEP 2: Cisco IP Address
- Press the Menu button on the phone.
- Scroll to Network and press Select.
- Scroll to view the Current IP. This is the IP address of your phone.
NOTE: For Cisco SPA525G or 525G2, press Menu - Status - Network Status - IP Address
STEP 3: Configure Phone
- Type the IP Address of your Cisco phone in the Cisco Phone IP Address box above.
- Insert the configuration Url for the phone (you can get it from your VoIP service provider) in the Provider Configuration Url box above.
- Click Provision my Phone. This will prompt "your phone may reboot" after that your device should be up and running in few minutes.
If the tool did not work:
- make sure you are using the tool on the same network as the device.
- make sure you are inserting the right configuration Url, not expired or try to use new configuration url if it's possible.
- make sure you do not have network issues or incompatible equipments with your VoIP serivce, sometimes if the SIP ALG is enabled on the gateways (Modems & Routers) it would not work, try to disable SIP ALG on gateways.
Please contact us in case you have any questions about the website,